Dorothy Draper 'Espana Style' Dressers - Value?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by MichelleP, Nov 29, 2015.

1. MichelleP

MichelleP New Member

draper small front 2.jpg I have two Dorothy Draper circa 1950s 'Espana style' dressers. These are not originals made by Heritage but are very nice imposters with beautiful gold carving detail on the drawer fronts.

Both have three drawers - the smaller has six rings and the larger has nine. The smaller chest is in very good condition, the larger is in good condition, with some paint marks on the top. Pictures attached.

I am downsizing and deciding on all my furniture, heirlooms and such that I should sell, donate or keep.

I'm seeking guidance on the value and demand for these items, please.

Attached Files:

KingofThings likes this.
  2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Hola, and welcome. You'll find plenty of furniture experts here. Good luck!

KingofThings likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

KingofThings likes this.
  4. MichelleP

MichelleP New Member

thank you for your replies and welcomes. I inherited a number of items from my mom, an avid antiquer, so I will be exploring these forums.

I found this site with Draper 'imposters' priced very high. https://www.1stdibs.com/creators/dorothy-draper/furniture/, while on eBay, a fraction of the price. I have done my research and know the details that make the piece original, including stamp with "Heritage" on the inside and beveled edges on the drawer front.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)

6. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

And she's in Ohio Gila.

7. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Hot dang, Kingsie!

KingofThings likes this.
  8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I would take 1stdibs prices with a very large grain of salt. They are a vetted retail site with decorator and high end clientele. I am sure they give generous discounts to the trade but probably still get better prices than most. They are the high end of the high end. Ebay prices are much more realistic for us unwashed folks in the real world.

Draft saved Draft deleted