Don't know much about Westmorland Sterling silver

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rita Thomas, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Rita Thomas

Rita Thomas New Member

Can anyone help with letting me know how I can sell it and how much it's worth? Thanks so much!!

Rita

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hello, Rita. We don't usually get involved in values here, although some members might be able to give advice on selling strategies.

Have you tried finding active listings and particularly "sold" listings on eBay or other line sites?

Do you have a full set of pieces or just a few?

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Bakers.....you're a better person than me !!

;)

Rita, welcome to this web site !

Sure it has value......but seriously ...you gotta give us more to go on !:oops:

4. TheOLdGuy

TheOLdGuy Well-Known Member

Hi, Rita.
    And Bakers and Komo. Up early today? :D

As far as value of Westmorland Silver it will depend A LOT on the pattern of the flatware and design of serving pieces, or what other items? Candlesticks?

If you don't know the pattern check Replacements.com. Can't find it? You can e-mail them a picture and they'll let you know quickly. I hope you don't have stock in the company because I'll tell you not to use their price as a guide.

In the meantime, you do need some pictures to get a decent idea. Individual pieces, forks, knives, etc. can be $10 to $20 or more.

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, Rita --

I see that this was your only post so far. Just wanted to mention that if you do post pictures, start that as a new post in the Silver forum here on Antiquers. There are several people here who could help you identify what you have, although they may not be able to appraise your pieces for value.

6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Hola and welcome!

Draft saved Draft deleted