Does anyone know?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ela Burns, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Ela Burns

Ela Burns New Member

Found this unusual plate at a car boot, but can't find anything out about it, can anyone help? Regards Ela Burns Bowl.jpg Bowl Mark.jpg

scoutshouse and yourturntoloveit like this.
  2. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

It depicts The Laxey Wheel the worlds largest working wheel located in the village of Laxey in the Isle of Man.
    I don`t know the plate maker though.

3. daveydempsey

Edit
    Barkers & Kent
    Earthenware manufacture at the Foley Pottery, Fenton
    1889 -1941

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd date it to the early part of that - no country mark. The design agrees with me; 1890 is about right.

5. pewter2

pewter2 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum Ela Burns.. plenty of help and advice here..regards..pewter2

judy likes this.
  6. daveydempsey

@Ela Burns
    Hope you found the information useful, it is okay to come back and thank us.:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted