Does anyone know this etched maker's mark on glassware?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Marko, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Needed glasses because hubby keeps breaking ours. These were love at first sight at $2 a piece in the upscale thrift. Does anyone recognize this etched maker's mark? Thank you.
    20210328_171413.jpg

TraceyB and KSW like this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

What does the whole piece look like? What is it?

judy and TraceyB like this.
  3. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

teardrop glass.jpg I will upload from my main computer. Looks like a rectangular high ball glass. I just noticed the base is asymmetrical because the glass seems to be higher inside on one side..... unusual. On all four glasses.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've got exactly that mark on some cheapish wine glasses bought brand new from a UK supermarket. I suspect it means dishwasher safe!

5. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

LOL! Now I have to google that. I still love the glasses. I have to love them while I can before they are broken. Husband plays dish rack Jenga.

TraceyB, SBSVC, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

So does mine!. He commented tonight on how low we are on dinner plates. Cant think why....:rolleyes:

TraceyB, SBSVC and bercrystal like this.
  7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I am constantly rearranging the dishwasher rack that the DH & the DS have loaded. What part of putting a plate or a lid in front of a bowl seems like a good idea. :arghh::arghh::arghh::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

TraceyB and SBSVC like this.
  8. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

That's the story of my life, Peggy - especially the DH part, now that DS is all grown up and living elsewhere. (I'll let HIS wife deal with it!)

For many, MANY years (and we've been married for 43, as of 2 weeks ago...) I have removed and re-positioned just about every single thing that DH has put in the dishwasher. I say NOTHING about it.

Long ago, I sometimes used to try to "suggest" better placement for everything from glasses to flatware, but it wasn't worth the aggravation (mine, not his!) I'm simply thankful that he's willing to "help"!

9. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Me too, I am always rearranging the dishwasher. I also don’t say anything to DH about it. I also don’t tell him when I rewash the dishes he did because they are still dirty. I figure I’m lucky he does them at all and I don’t want to tempt fate ;)

KSW, TraceyB, SBSVC and 1 other person like this.
  10. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

I even quit looking knowing the temptation to suggest improvements.

KSW, TraceyB, SBSVC and 1 other person like this.
  11. Petunia

Petunia Member

Oh my, too funny, me too!! Now, the rule is: I load the dishwasher and husband unloads and puts everything away. I just tell him, "I do not know where anything goes." Also, I do not allow him to wash the dishes either - ones in the sink - because he gets water everywhere - leaves counter wet, splashes water on floor, etc.... arrrrghhhhh, not worth the hassle. Okay, I said my beef, I feel better now. :)

12. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Lol, what we all put up with! I seriously considered buying plastic plates and tumblers at one point as the kids ones were the only ones that didn’t get broken!

bercrystal and SBSVC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted