Does anyone know anything about this amazing furniture??

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Poet, Jul 20, 2024.

1. Poet

Poet New Member

I found it for sale close by and I'm wondering just exactly what it is...where it's from...what it might be worth? It looks very bold and impressive and is priced at what I think is a steal. Screenshot_20240720-025957.png

Attached Files:

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I am not a furniture guy, so please wait for them for a definitive answer. Having said that, this style looks similar to a set my parents bought for my brother and me in the very late 60s, or early 70s. Referred to at the time as Spanish or Mediterranean style.

Where you see the red in the set you are showing, ours had removable thick coated paper that fit into slots that had different colors in them and you could swap them to match your decor.

That red would pair well with a nice burgundy thick shag carpeting!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2024
    komokwa, judy, mirana and 4 others like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

As above. But I've never seen a set quite so OTT.

Debora

komokwa, mirana, johnnycb09 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Yes, 1970s Mediterranean or Spanish influenced. It’s worth whatever you pay for it. In my part of the US I wouldn’t pay more than a few hundred $ at most. Glad you love it; go for it!

komokwa, judy, mirana and 2 others like this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Someone stole my Cuban relatives furniture ! Lovely people but OY the bad taste ! Still ! I am stunned this stuff is still floating around.

NanaB, komokwa, judy and 3 others like this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Ditto what everyone else said above. If you like it, its priceless. Otherwise, it is a tough sell most places. Have seen some people have some luck with this type of furniture for shabby style paint projects.

7. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Agreed this is over the top style!

I could see this working so well in the bedroom of a child who likes medieval-ish or fantasy things.

komokwa and judy like this.
  8. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

In my Midwest US area, it would be difficult to find a home for this at any price. It's just not a desired style.

komokwa likes this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it looks great on the lawn.........

10. BettyRubble

BettyRubble Member

When I was a kid, every adult I knew sought Colonial and Victorian pieces. Today they go begging.
    In the Reagan era, MCM was on the curb every trash day. Everyone was hunting Stickley, arts & crafts, mission, etc. Today, MCM is highly sought.
    if you love this, and you see quality material and construction, get it. And remember, it’s a bedroom set: no one’s business how you furnish it. And I believe everything comes around again.

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

if thick orange shag carpets , like the one I had in my bedroom , come around again ... it'll be too soon.....:playful::playful::playful::nailbiting::nailbiting:

12. BettyRubble

BettyRubble Member

Oh hey now I didn’t say ANYTHING about orange shag rugs!!!!!;);)

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted