Does anyone have info on this? I am lost

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by YooperGuy, Nov 6, 2021.

1. YooperGuy

YooperGuy New Member

20211106_144658!!!!!!!!!.jpg 20211106_144803111111111.jpg Appears to be some kind of advertisement for a Spanish Opera? But the name Beatriz(x) Potter was an author of children books as far as I can gather.I would just like to know something about it and if it is worth something. I purchased this at a thrift store. I really would appreciate someone's input at least, I have been searching everywhere for this same thing and haven't located one anywhere. I can't even pin down when it's from, I didn't want to remove it from the frame, I don't know what I am doing with things like this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2021
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

The Tales of Beatrix Potter is a 1971 ballet film:

The Tales of Beatrix Potter - Wikipedia

How big is it? Looks like it could be a lobby card for the film, made for a Spanish-speaking area/country.

BTW, welcome YooperGuy from a TrollGirl! ;)
    (For the unaware, this is Michigan humor. :hilarious:)

3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Looks like an advertisement for the 1971 ballet movie. About the authors stories.

4. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Beat me to it bluumz!
    Mikey

pearlsnblume, i need help and bluumz like this.
  5. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

Although the overall graphic design of the poster suggests something a little earlier (late 1950s-1960s), the film's title and the name of producer Richard Goodwin lead us to this:
    https://tvd.wiki/wiki/Tales_of_Beatrix_Potter
    and this:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067570/?ref_=tt_mv_close
    -- a 1971 film of a ballet based on the work of Beatrix Potter, perhaps the most famous and most beloved of all children's authors / illustrators. Her characters -- Peter (strangely not appearing in this film) Rabbit, Mrs Tiggy-Winkle, Squirrel Nutkin, Jemima Puddleduck, Jeremy Fisher, and on and on are iconic.

The poster is obviously for a Mexican distribution of the film.
    Here's a one-minute clip of the 1971 production:

I'd have been in with this half an hour earlier if not for household interruptions...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's from the 1971 film. (I was just feeling left out.)

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It can be identified as Mexican because Mario J. Dada was a film distributor in that country.

Debora

8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Royal Ballet. Frederick Ashton. The figure in the poster is Jeremy Fisher.

i need help, bercrystal and sabre123 like this.
  9. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No idea who the target audience would be for resale. Ballet people, Beatrix Potter freaks, but the Spanish language makes it weird. A friend of mine in Thailand would go for it just for the weird value, but...?

i need help likes this.
  10. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

yes, it's worth something, to someone, somewhere....:yawn:

12. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Thanks for that clip @BaseballGames. It stopped just when that bratty Squirrel Nutkin was about to lose his tail!

BaseballGames and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted