Does anyone have any information about this 60's-70's chair?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by SBaker87, Sep 29, 2018.

1. SBaker87

SBaker87 New Member

I purchase this chair from a thrift store a while ago and there are no names on it or anything like that. I was wondering if this chair looked familiar to anyone at all, if it was made by a certain designer. Any help would be appreciated :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] or if it's just a knock off of a designer.[​IMG] [​IMG]

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, SBaker87! :) I’m sure someone will be along who can give some general information about your chair.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. SBaker87

SBaker87 New Member

Thank you!!

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers SBaker87!

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Id say 1960s-70s . If thats naugahyde Id say mass produced club type chair.

Figtree3, judy, Christmasjoy and 4 others like this.
  6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to Antiquers @SBaker87!!! Looks like a comfy chair!!! Wonder if it had a footstool to go with at one time! NO-ONE can say that's NOT yellow!!!! Being pretty much pressed wood and stapled underneath, you're right about the era.....if you're keeping it, you'll want an upholsterer to find/make you a yellow button for the seat!!! It does 'make a statement'....but that's all I can say!!!

judy, Christmasjoy, SBaker87 and 2 others like this.
  8. SBaker87

SBaker87 New Member

Thanks! I loved it when I got it and still love it but I was planning on selling it now, I don't know how to upholster and it just doesn't go with the rest of the room. The button is there, it's just sunk from where the rips are. I'm trying to figure out how much to list this for. I don't want to rip anyone off.
    [​IMG]

judy, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Welcome! You can check on your local Craigslist to find prices of chairs in your area. What a chair may sell for will vary widely with location.

It nearly matches a white one I have used for years. I call it my "marshmallow chair" and it is really too low to the ground for me, but it's so comfy that I cannot bring myself to get rid of it. It is a good reading chair for me.

judy, SBaker87 and i need help like this.
  10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Doesn't look to be by a known designer to me. With that rip, value is negligible.

11. SBaker87

SBaker87 New Member

Is asking $20 too much for it? Someone could upholster it or something.

antidiem likes this.
  12. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Why not ? All they can do is not buy it .

antidiem likes this.
  13. Ibo

Ibo New Member

It's unlikely to date from the 60s, I'm sure that OBS (Oriented Strand Board) wasn't used back then. In fact, it was not created until the late 1970's! Leaving you to consider a much later date for your chairs!

14. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome SBaker.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted