Featured Do you recognize this vintage pottery plant stand?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by alynnfin, Mar 21, 2024.

1. alynnfin

alynnfin Well-Known Member

IMG_1773__1711074205_30741.jpg IMG_1772__1711074352_29922.jpg IMG_1780__1711075477_39527.jpg IMG_1774__1711074289_42655.jpg I bought this at thrift store. I know it has a chip at the top that has been glued back on, but I plan to keep & try to sort of match a planter for the top. It measures 26 inches tall. I could not google lens any that looked like it. It is pottery right. Any info? View attachment 477760 View attachment 477761 View attachment 477762

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    mirana, stracci, johnnycb09 and 3 others like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Wowzer!

Debora

johnnycb09 and alynnfin like this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

And @verybrad has a green jardinierre looking for a stand.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Nice paeonies.

Screams in a midlands accent, somewhere Staffordshire in the mid to late nineteenth.

I’d actually display it as is, a jardiniere would detract.

alynnfin, Bronwen and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

So many of these out there and very hard to attribute. I agree that this does not look American. Beyond that, Bear's thoughts are probably better than any I would have. Kind of agree that sometimes a matching jardiniere is over the top. However, when they get it right, the combination is incredible. We have several Jards and peds that we use in the house. Some are matched but a few are mismatched but, with similar glaze treatments, and think they work well anyway. Also use the peds with plainer more modern pots.

mirana, alynnfin, dgbjwc and 2 others like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's so OTT... Might be fun to go fancy rather than plain.

Debora

alynnfin and Bronwen like this.
  7. alynnfin

alynnfin Well-Known Member

All great ideas. Thank you. So foreign, possibly English. At this point, I have a very large burgundy flattish bowl (a centerpiece bowl) that I am going to try on it as a birdbath. It is rather plain. I change my mind on these things a lot. The top is crazed and white, so not so nice. I'll put up a photo when I feel I get it right, or as close to right as I am willing to pay.

verybrad and Bronwen like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Foreign? We ain’t foreign. ;)

That flower painting is very good quality. Gloriously OTT.

Any Jewelry, alynnfin and Bronwen like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Everyone else is!:joyful:

alynnfin likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Too right!

Any Jewelry and alynnfin like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted