Do you know this jewelry mark on Gold Tone Bobble Head Cat Pin Brooch?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by alynnfin, Sep 27, 2023.

1. alynnfin

alynnfin Well-Known Member

Bought it at a thrift store and thought the gold plating was so good thought it could be real gold, except for the way the rhinestone were set in it. It looks like real gold though, so I think quality. It is a bobble head pin. I am attaching 3 photos of mark because it is set back in the pin and slightly so was hard to get good photo. Looks like a mark horseshoe shape with both ends turn up, to me. Do you recognize the mark? Thank you,. IMG_4758__1695814230_52527.jpg IMG_4759__1695814260_83913.jpg IMG_4760__1695814512_63948.jpg IMG_4761__1695814352_29086.jpg IMG_4762__1695814301_41832.jpg

Joan and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Pls tell us all the size of the pin.The mark could be a stylized 'Omega' symbol,as in the Alpha & Omega.

3. alynnfin

So sorry and thank you. 1 3/4" tall by 1 5/8" wide. Sorry my photos are the best I could do. I do not believe it is the Omega mark because on the right side the end of the rope goes inside, not outside like the left side.

4. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

I see that now-i agree,without camera effects it's tough to get a clear pic,maybe a drawing of it would be clearer ?

5. Joan

Joan Well-Known Member

It's the St. John logo (stylized SJ). I have a few pieces of their jewelry--the plating is high quality.

Figtree3, Lucille.b, komokwa and 3 others like this.
  6. alynnfin

Thank you bosko69. I believe Joan got it. Thanks.

Joan likes this.
  7. alynnfin

Yes it does look like the St. John logo. I am surprised St. John made bobble head pins. I was looking for some bobble head or the cat pin and have not found either. Maybe St. John doesn't make as many pieces. Thank you.

Figtree3 and Joan like this.
  8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Well done with the ID, Joan. :)

Joan and komokwa like this.
  9. alynnfin

Thank you so much!

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted