Dining Table Stamp says ‘No. 1938 MT. VERNON’

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Nfcolorado, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Nfcolorado

Nfcolorado New Member

Any information would be appreciated. I have been trying to research but cannot find anything.

Attached Files:

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome.
    If you can go back, click the edit button, then click Full Image. That way people with phones will be able to see your pictures.

Your set looks 1950s-70s to me.
    1938 is most likely the style number in the Pattern line of Mt Vernon. Who made it I can't help with.

Wait for others who know furniture better than I do to confirm the above.

mmarco102 and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

After clicking edit, you actually need to hit the “More Options” first to get to the “Full Image” button. (Well at least on my Ipad you do :) )

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

40s-50s so-called Duncan Phyfe set, though the chair backs are more Queen Anne style. Mt. Vernon was probably the name of the line of furniture. Certainly American but a lot of companies made similar. Looks like it could be cherry.

5. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

The chairs are actually in Empire or Classical style, from the mid-19th century. This style was one of the first factory-made chair styles, and the early ones are sometimes seen in figured maple. Here's a pair from the 19th century (https://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/2478/lots/722 )
    [​IMG]

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Good comparison examples and does resemble those more closely than the Queen Anne style.

Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  7. Christopher morris

Christopher morris New Member

I have a mt. Vernon table marked "no 741" I can't find anything about it. If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Christopher, this thread is five years old. The best way to ensure your inquiry is seen by the right eyes is to start a new thread with a clear headline like the one above and be sure to include photographs.

Debora

verybrad and komokwa like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Draft saved Draft deleted