Different jades and stone carving

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Desertau, Oct 17, 2024 at 4:58 PM.

1. Desertau

Desertau Well-Known Member

These are different carving stones found in China, Dushan Yu, yellow Dragon Yu, chicken blood yu, MiYu and qinghai jade. I really not sure the age but most are probably not that old? They are very good examples of these stones in good quality material. The yellow Draggon Yu, and chicken Blood Yu are Shoushan stones, the Dushan Yu from a mountain mine 15 miles from Nianian city center, Dushan Yu has been.mined and carved for 6000 years. It is a very hard multi colored (30 colors) fine grain stone that takes a very high polish and can look very much like Jadeite. The Qinghai carving of a girl is very fine quality, very white and pure and this piece was featured in a book on Chinese jades from around 30 years ago. Please enjoy

yellow dragon yu
    IMG_2024-10-17-134635.jpeg IMG_2024-10-17-134354.jpeg IMG_2024-10-17-134427.jpeg IMG_2024-10-17-045446.jpeg IMG_2024-10-17-134037.jpeg IMG_2024-10-17-134020.jpeg IMG_2024-10-17-141014.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 5:19 PM
    Marote and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. Desertau

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice stones........... & a nice table !

but it helps to show color , if you could lay down a white..... or black background...
    imo..

Desertau likes this.
  4. Desertau

You are absolutely right, I’ll confess I was having a hard time even getting the images in place it isn’t the way I wanted it so I kind of gave up because I’m rushing to get things done.

my back has been killing me that has lasted more then two months I’ve been able to make it down stairs but have chairs set up on the way to the kitchen and chairs in the kitchen cause by then I have to sit down an MRI showed a herniated disk in my lower back and a few disk bulges…. Not that that has anything to do with my post but everything around me has gone unattended sprinklers, pool on and on. I had shots in my back Monday and am feeling much better (for now). So 4AM I’m heading out to Arizona where my club has 200 acres in the gold and meteorite zone to meet friends, do some detecting and set a plaque, do a celebration of life, our friend was a legend in the detecting world so we are expecting a crowd to show up. I’m the VP and membership chair so I picked up 5 tri tips, made marinade, cooked a huge pot of cowboy beans and am trying to get myself ready for a few days camping. Then Sunday heading back to my house with a few members for a quick pit stop and then an 11 hour drive to the sierras near Sierra city to our gold claims trying to beat the snow and do some hunting for gold in an area we have found many multi ounce gold nuggets to design a plan of operation to bring in heavy equipment in nugget patch areas looking deep for the big stuff.

I’ll post a picture of the plaque we had made using our friends business card as the design and you will understand what an interesting guy he was. IMG_2559.jpeg

but I’ll take you advice to heart and clean this up when I get a chance, thank you really your advice is helpful.

5. Desertau

The table is my dads first drafting table when he got his Architectural license, it is cool and has the old iron fittings for height and tilt adjustments, last year I restored it for my wife to do her jewelry designs, string pearls and do Chinese calligraphy or whatever.

Draft saved Draft deleted