Did R. Heinisch (the scissor maker) make hedge trimmers?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by tyeldom3, Apr 2, 2015.

1. tyeldom3

tyeldom3 Well-Known Member

I can't find any other hedge clippers made by R. Heinisch. The blade has what (I think) reads R. Heinisch, & Pat Applied for 9, and USA marked underneath. Maybe it's not a makers mark?, maybe it was an owners name? I don't know? Any ideas? Thanks for your time.
    DSCN5057.JPG DSCN5058.JPG DSCN5060.JPG DSCN5059.JPG

2. tyeldom3

Bumping this from April of last year :) ran across these a few days ago and still curious about them. Thanks!

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

tyeldom3 likes this.
  4. tyeldom3

Well that is great info Debora, thank you. How interesting, I just did some reading about Wiss, and had no idea about the history and how R. Heinisch was his first employer.
    It looks like he started making garden shears around 1880, so I suppose it is possible that R. Heinisch could've made them too. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  5. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

6. tyeldom3

Well I'll be darned!! Awesome Susan, thank you so much for finding that!! I have been wondering this for quite some time now. How did you find that, what's wrong with my searching skills?? Lol
    Thanks again :) so nice to see another pair out there!

Draft saved Draft deleted