Demi-tasse cup & saucer - any direction on the origin of these marks?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mansons2005, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Any hints on where I should start looking to identify the markings on this demi-tasse cup and saucer? Thanks!

MVC-352S.JPG

MVC-351S.JPG

MVC-353S.JPG

MVC-354S.JPG

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Asia 70D Now isn't that helpful!

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I shall guess Russia.

4. Mansons2005

Interesting.........I will look in that direction. Is it the mark(s) or the decoration that suggest Russia?

Thanks!

scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  5. i need help

BDA77B0E-7A38-41DD-91C0-3A98A733A302.jpeg
    1C is a grading code. Not your mark, just the 1C.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  6. Mansons2005

Well, looky thar! BTW - it was not that I doubted you - i was just curious what indicated Russia to you. Thanks - now I can start a look about for the mark!

apparently I don't need Help - I Need Help..............

7. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

8. Mansons2005

Youza! Thanks! I was just getting started on my quest to track this mark down, and it fell into my lap...............youse guys are so kind and helpful, where would I be without all of you?????

9. i need help

I’m wondering why they have different marks. :confused:
    Does the cup have an impressed mark, too?

10. Mansons2005

Whoa! I assumed that the marks were the same, just that the one on the cup was badly stamped because of the angle..............but since you point it out, it DOES appear to be a different mark!

Neither piece has an impressed mark, all marks are "printed/stamped". There is a faint outline (triangular) of a mark on the cup that does not appear on the saucer, but I have found pieces "missing" or purposely different marked before, so I didn't think much of it yet (still investigating details).

Gad, am I grateful that I come here for advice....................this could have had negative repercussions......................

With my undying appreciation, THANK YOU!

11. i need help

FF9B4581-5F04-48C7-A78B-8F1AEAA002EF.jpeg Maybe I spoke too soon. I aligned them as best I could and they do seem to match! Apologies for the false alarm. ;)

kyratango and Mansons2005 like this.
  12. Mansons2005

I am getting ready to manipulate the marks so I can overlay one on the other. I see what you are saying here, but because I might have made an error to begin with, I am going to check this out 88 ways from this Sunday into next! There is a mark on the page you sent a link for that "could" be the mark on the cup (slightlyt rounder than the saucer mark)...................I may have to step back for an hour or so, my eyes are not what they used to be and now I may be seeing what I want to see, not what is actually there..................

i need help likes this.
  13. Mansons2005

Correction - I'm am referring to link janetpjohn posted, not I Need Help...............getting too frazzled - need a cuppa......................

i need help likes this.
  14. i need help

Have a cuppa sleep. :)

kyratango likes this.
  15. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I have found in the past that values are not all that great for modernish Russian porcelain. But I like it.

kyratango and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted