Featured Deco-ish pottery vase .... Haeger?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by verybrad, Sep 24, 2023.

1. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

This vase with a calla lily motif has a bit of an art deco feel about it. I think it more likely from the 50s or even 80s. It has a faded foil label inside the rim that I think I see a ghost of the Haeger logo in. I can't find an example of this vase or label in my searching. It is packed away so just a guess on size at about 8" tall. Any ideas?

thriftvasef.jpg thriftvasef2.jpg thriftvasef3.jpg

Figtree3, stracci, antidiem and 3 others like this.
  2. verybrad

Tried tweaking the label a bit....
    thriftvasef4.jpg

antidiem and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Here's one with the Haeger Label attached

upload_2023-9-24_13-39-43.png

Figtree3, stracci, antidiem and 9 others like this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

5. verybrad

LOL! ... Such a rare find that it is now reduced in price to $9.60! Fortunately, I only paid $2.99 for mine. Any idea on when this was produced?

Figtree3, stracci, antidiem and 2 others like this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Nice vase indeed. I just wanted to point out that Etsy adds that stupid rare find on way too much with no real reason or research. Not the sellers fault. I wish they would stop putting their nose in things they have no clue about.

verybrad and antidiem like this.
  8. Elen Beattie

Elen Beattie Well-Known Member

I think Etsy's "Rare Find" pops up whenever there is only one of something listed from a particular seller. Pretty sure it pops up on all of my listings :shame: It is a bid misleading!

verybrad likes this.
  9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I always took it to mean that it a rare find on all of etsy. They have no clue what a rare find is, I have had it on my listings too and to me, it is a waste of space and inaccurate. They need to butt out and worry more about fixing things there don't work.

verybrad and Elen Beattie like this.
  10. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

When I see styles like Brad's vase, I always think of "art moderne" rather than art deco.

11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Some calla lily junkie would buy it. They were a huge design element in the late 80s and due for a comeback.

Draft saved Draft deleted