Dai Nippon mark colors

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mainetje, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Mainetje

Mainetje New Member

Hello Everbody,

In my last holiday we made a trip and ended going from second hand shop to second hand shop. I found a maestricht ceramique societe Panama plate what i just loved.
    I started buying thing is i liked and learning a lot.

But i need your help, i bought for 30 cents 3 saucers without cups with the marks of Dai Nippon. But when i do more research i found a porcelain set what looks like my plates only like all the websites says the Marks are red and dont have the same style. The ones i found on the websites would be mass produced. The saucers i bought got black letters and only the three marks. The marks are not copy's i think, the look on every plate different. The look of the plates look the same but are far from copy's.

I'm not to earn money, i want to learn.
    What can do you all think, fakes/mass produced?
    What can you tell me more about these Japanese Porcelain?

Dear greetings

Jermain From the Netherlands Dai Nippon Marks.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They're definitely Japanese, and probably from the 1920s or 1930s. These sets were at least partially painted by hand, but many companies made something similar. My grandmother had a set of them too with the same red border.

Mainetje likes this.
  3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Bakersgma likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Mainetje!

I agree with evelyb on 20's or 30's. The basic scene was printed (or transfer applied) on the blank saucer (the dark pink colored outlines) and then the other colors were applied by hand, but not very carefully in the case of these saucers or plates. The Dai Nippon marks look more carefully done and look printed to me (as janetpjohn has just posted.)

5. Mainetje

Mainetje New Member

First thanks for welcome and for the reply's

@janetpjohn I used that website for searching. Yeah i checked the marks again and i saw that the only have different ink thickness

@Bakersgma The scence on the plates are the same but completely different. If i compare them just the lines not the colors the doesn't match for a print. I assume the prints are always the same? I agree the are not carefull painted. Tommorow i post al the pictures.

judy likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

We'll look forward to the additional pictures! :)

7. Mainetje

Mainetje New Member

Well i'm sorry for the late reply, something with work.

I uploaded 3 pictures. Specially the hands from the women on the left and the buildings are different lines.

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted