D W Porzellan Bowl - need help with (decorator?) signature. Gold decorated.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gimbler-dave, Dec 4, 2014.

1. gimbler-dave

gimbler-dave Well-Known Member

Does anyone recognize the signature below the mark on this bowl? There is a line in french that reads (roughly) "Fine porcelain decorated with fine gold", but I can't tell for sure what the signature reads.

I've included pics of the bowl plus mark. The third picture shows the signature, which I have sharpened a bit. Thanks! ... Dave
    db_karlsbader_1.JPG
    db_karlsbader_2.JPG
    db_karlsbader_3.JPG

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's a decorator mark. The bowl was made by one company and decorated by another. That big mark covers the mark of the porcelain manufacturer. I can see the other mark underneath, but can't make it out.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

4. gimbler-dave

I see the Germany and something ending "ruth". Still looking for a matching mark, but looks like a promising lead. Thank you!

5. gimbler-dave

Or "reuth" which makes more sense.

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The maker of the blank is not important.
    Janet

Draft saved Draft deleted