Featured Cut/Pressed Glass Victorian Scotch Decanter/Help on Origin,Age ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bosko69, Sep 2, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Here's a Cut/Pressed Glass Scotch Decanter & I really know nothing about glass.It's 10" tall and weighs 2.6 pounds,no stopper.
    Anything you can tell me about it is greatly appreciated-Thanks.
    P.S.-Good place to search for a stopper ?

Dec1.jpg Dec2.jpg Dec3.jpg Dec4.jpg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
  2. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Wish i had it here. I have a whole tub of stoppers my mother had collected for just such an occasion when she was dealing with antiques. I haven't had the heart to throw them out. I will look to see if there is a cut glass one. I have to get to the box first!

3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

I used to have 3 or 4,but dang if i know where they are.Folks who share with us Mom & Dad's ancient 'pickin vaults' are as close as we'll get to a time machine.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  4. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Not the same pattern as my tumbler, but the flower looks very similar. My tumbler is signed with Hawkes’ trefoil mark. Hawkes did a number of patterns with wheel and intaglio cuttings.
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted