Cut glass vase - Sawtooth edge, Zipper cut way sides - help w/ maker please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Mar 9, 2015.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I looked all over the vase but couldn't find a signature anywhere.
    It is 10 1/4" tall.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss:
    Peggy

yourturntoloveit and komokwa like this.
  2. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Peggy...that is beautiful...and it is a very unusual shape...
    I do have cg books...will look later.. (with only one motif --on top...probably hard to ID)

3. bercrystal

Thanks Janette!! :happy:

I do not think it is newer because of the amount of shelf wear on the bottom. I am hoping the unusual shape will help out in possibly IDing the vase.
    Peggy

4. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Peggy------Bottom wear does not mean that it is really old. People use Fine Grit Diamond sand paper and scuff up the bottoms. Your vase looks like an old one. Cut glass is tough to ID unless you are in Cut Glass Clubs.

5. janettekay

3 books so far....nothing...
    If possible can you post another picture of the motif on top...different angle..

6. janettekay

FYI..I did find 2 pieces...with a variation (big variation ) of this shape....by Gundy Clapperton....

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Used "Notched Prism" as search words not zipper cut.

8. bercrystal

Thanks Janette!!
    I did some searching for pieces by Gundy Clapperton & I guess there is always the possibility. I'll look again tomorrow when I can get it in the daylight to see if I can find any kind of mark. I'll also see if I can get a better picture of the design at the top.
    I spent most of my day today running my son back & forth to the DMV, then sitting in the parking lot while he was inside trying to navigate the bureaucracy. :(

Thanks for the suggestion Pat!!

I did find a couple of real pretty pitchers using those key words - :happy:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Br...942?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339b417b26

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABP-America...7?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=ai

Peggy

9. bercrystal

10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

You're on a roll!

11. janettekay

Nice ending!!! Congrats

12. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

WTG! Peggy. You're a brave soul starting at only $19.99

13. bercrystal

WTG! Peggy. You're a brave soul starting at only $19.99

I got lucky. ;) :happy: It almost felt the old days. :p

*crs* likes this.
  14. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Could someone please tell me the secret to see item descriptions on eBay these days? I haven't been able to see descriptions in active or closed listings for weeks on end.

I have Adobe Flash disabled and only turn it on when something seems like it might be worth it to crash my computer. Do I need it to see eBay descriptions now? Otherwise, I've checked my ad blocker and pop up blocker to see if that is the cause and can't find anything wrong there.

15. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Laura, from what I've been reading in several eBay related FB groups, Some people are seeing listings where one has to click on a separate link within the listing to see the description. No one likes this idea at all. We have enough trouble with buyers not reading the description as it is.

16. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

It is amazing that Ebay would think that was a good idea. I already complained via "tell us what you think" link on the top of the page. Hopefully millions of others will complain, too.

Peggy, thank you so much for the follow-up on this piece. Great finish!

cxgirl and *crs* like this.
  17. lauragarnet

I have searched fruitlessly for a link to open up descriptions, but I can't find it anywhere. I've heard this link exists, so I was wondering if my browser settings or add-ons are blocking it some how.
    I've half-heartedly examined the HTML on a few pages to try and find it, but that's so tedious, I gave up.

18. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

The link is being used because so much looking is on mobile devises and the full description takes longer and more battery to load unless the looker wants more information. That said I also think it stinks and have heard of negs because the buyer did not see the blue click here for more where the full description was located.

*crs* likes this.
  19. lauragarnet

20. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Laura, It may be because you have Flash disabled. Every time I use eBay these days, a warning pops up saying my version of Flash is out of date, and I have to enable Flash for full functionality.

There should be a big rectangular button in the middle of the listing as you scroll down that says you have to click for description. This does not appear in the screen shots you posted.

However, the past few days I've noticed that it's sporadic for me. The button doesn't always appear. I just looked and the description is currently showing for me without the button, so I can't post a screen shot.

Fig

Draft saved Draft deleted