Featured Cranberry Glass Mosaic Art Glass Vase - maker? 2 markings, 1992 appears to be date

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gimbler-dave, May 10, 2018.

1. gimbler-dave

gimbler-dave Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find out who the maker of this vase is. It is cranberry glass with a mosaic design and is 6-3/4 inches high. Weight is 2 pounds 6 ounces.

There is a mark on the underside that appears to read VOARZ 128-A (last picture). A second mark was initially missed, but found near the base on one of the side surfaces (third picture). It looks like EVY 1992.

Any ideas? Nothing found so far searching eBay and google for anything close to those text strings. Thanks! ... Dave

db_voarz_1.JPG
    db_voarz_2.JPG
    db_voarz_3.JPG
    db_voarz_4.JPG

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Euz ? Euj ? Gorgeous piece!

gimbler-dave likes this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I gave it my best. Nothing! Clearly a nicer piece, what a mystery! You think with that extra text this would be easy.

Sorry I couldn't offer any solutions.

gimbler-dave likes this.
  4. gimbler-dave

gimbler-dave Well-Known Member

Thanks for trying Lucille.b - I thought it would be easier, especially when that second mark (with the 1992) turned up. I had missed it initially, but when prepping for the pictures realized it was a mark and not residue from a label.

Oh well - maybe someone tomorrow will have some ideas. It just takes that one person that has seen the mark before! There is a lot of talent and experience here!

judy likes this.
  5. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Beautiful piece of glass!

gimbler-dave and judy like this.
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I would think it's a workshop piece. Once we figure out the workshop the individual name may fall into place. I haven't had much luck finding the mark yet.
    Don

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Voarzi 28-A?
    Ery?
    Gorgeous vase.

Draft saved Draft deleted