Cranberry Fenton? Lamp help please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Donna HA, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Hello...
    So the 1st picture is my lamp. Unmarked - 17.5" h to shade, 19" to chimney.

2nd picture not mine but listed as Fenton for $1318.46 Cnd
    3rd picture not mine but listed as Fenton for $350.00 Cnd

I don't see markings on other listings "Fenton" and my base is brass.

Any suggestions or help appreciated..
    Thank you

D534d.jpg Fenton 1,318.46.jpg Fenton-Cranberry-Thumbprint-Optic-Student-Lamp-1410-_57.jpg

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Hi, this sure looks like Fenton's cranberry coin spot......earlier pieces were not marked Fenton.

Donna HA and anundverkaufen like this.
  3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Donna HA likes this.
  4. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

I can't open them. I need an Swf file reader? Tried to see how seems complicated. Thank you though.

5. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Fenton made the glass parts for the lamps but another company made the metal parts and electrical parts. So the glass would not have been marked and the lamps would have been sold by the lamp company most likely. The lamp companies assembled the lamps in any number of different designs.

In looking at the Coin Dot pattern in my Fenton book, there is an illustration of a different lamp with the exact same shape of shade as yours, there are also lamps with the same bottom piece as well. Most buyers of Fenton lamps know all of this so you shouldn't have any trouble at all calling this a Fenton lamp. No one will doubt it.

Donna HA likes this.
  6. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted