Composition Madame Alexander Doll

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Koalaquinn, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Koalaquinn

Koalaquinn New Member

Hi guys! So, I recently acquired this doll. She’s seen better days, but (IMO) she’s in pretty good condition considering her age. I have searched high and low for an identification of this doll. I know for a fact that she’s an Alexander, but I want to know the actual name of the doll and whether or not her clothing is original. I believe it is, but I haven’t found a single doll with the same outfit (though I have found ones that share similar characteristics). Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

She should have a mark on her upper neck or back which helps with identifying/dating. Have you taken a look there? And, if you haven't found it, this is a good Madame Alexander reference.

https://www.dollreference.com/alexander_doll.html

Debora

CheersDears and i need help like this.
  3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Did you look for a tag on her outfit, it will have the dolls/character name:)
    Not all Madame Alexander dolls are marked on the body.

i need help likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

And lots of tags are missing.

Debora

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

@Koalaquinn , welcome to Antiquers!

1) Is this doll marked? If so, can you post a photo of the mark(s)? If not marked, how do you know she is Alexander? (I'm not saying she isn't, but evidence would help.)

2) How tall is the doll? That would help.

3) Clothing tags were mentioned. Are there any?

6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

1. Welcome to Antiquers Koalaquinn!
    I have look through my MA book, and I do not see the outfit on your doll.

As Figtree pointed out, you do need to undress the doll for her marks, and search clothing for tags, and make note of her size.

Also is she composition or hard plastic?

She looks compo but might not be.

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Also, show photos of the doll undressed....front and back. The limbs can offer clues.

MA made thousands of dolls, and several dolls have been sold under different names and outfits.

It's not always easy to ID her dolls.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted