Combining pottery and glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, May 30, 2014.

?

Keep Pottery and Glass on separate boards?

Poll closed Jun 6, 2014.
  1. Combine for an eclectic mix of interests.

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  2. Separate for maximum specialization.

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I know that on the old boards there were always people who thought that keeping ceramics and glass on two separate boards would be preferable. I can work with it either way. Does anyone else have preferences? It's early days yet. The time to voice your opinion is now.

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

You know I've been thinking about it. On the eBay boards when things are busy it is hard to keep track of posts sometimes but if it's going to be quiet and slower here it might be easier to follow if all object discussions are lumped together. I'd prefer split out if it's crazy busy. If it's slow not having to go in and out of categories might not be so bad for example if there are only 10 "what is it" posts a day they might be easier to address if all just under discussions. I guess it all depends on how it shakes out.

I'll vote for separate for now.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Please do vote in the poll. It won't interfere with posting a comment.

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Yup did it. I almost didn't comment but I guess I felt the need express to myself out loud too LOL. I sort of feel like I'm missing out on a little by not checking the categories enough. Old age creeping up I guess, I'm getting confused alot easier these days:confused:

5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I voted to combine -- just because there are sometimes cross-interests. If posters remember to put Glass, Pottery or Porcelain in the title, we should be all good. :)

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  6. Ezlisting

Ezlisting Member

I voted to combine. Only because I'm so used to seeing PGP lumped together.

Bev aka thelmasstuff likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Same here. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but seeing them mixed is a habit.

8. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

I vote to keep combined.

9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I voted to keep combined too.
    Mary

10. Tauriel

Tauriel Active Member

I too voted for combined. But I would like to see the word Porcelain somewhere :) ok ...duh, I just found the PGP board LOL ...I'm lovin' seeing all the regulars here! cant wait for it to really get up and running! 100+ members!

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  11. crowleys

crowleys Well-Known Member

My preference is combined.

12. olivialouis2005

olivialouis2005 New Member

My preference would be combined also. :)

13. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

It seems I am the odd ball and would like them separate. I would not mind them being combined if people would really differentiate in the title what they are asking about. We all know that they will never be consistent with this.

14. 42Skeezix

42Skeezix Moderator Moderator

I asked Peter to set it up as Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain so it was familiar to everyone.

.... personally I prefer combined.

crowleys likes this.
  15. Bridgets628

Bridgets628 Member

vote to combine!

16. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

I'm just starting to get the feel of it here, but I enjoy the combined categories. Probably because I enjoy both pottery and glass but it is what I'm used to as well.

Linda

17. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I like it combined as well.

18. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I voted combined.

If it weren't for the combined boards, I would have missed out on so many conversations.

19. sali1672

sali1672 New Member

I voted combined. I am a glass person, but have learned so much just from clicking on random questions about pottery/porcelain. If they were separate, I probably would have missed them.

20. Denise

Denise New Member

I voted combined, I am a pottery fan, but I have loved learning more about glass!

Draft saved Draft deleted