Featured Coloured glass vases

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Prerun, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Prerun

Prerun Member

Here are some nice vases I picked up recently. All 3 of them are 9 1/4" long and weigh 226grams. The base is 2 1/4" wide at the bottom and spirals to 1 1/4" wide at the top
    IMG_2603.jpg IMG_2604.jpg IMG_2605.jpg IMG_2606.jpg IMG_2607.jpg IMG_2608.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

They're all very modern variants on swung elephant's foot vases. Asian - it's debatable whether Japanese of Chinese.

Any Jewelry and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Prerun - I used to import items from Norcrest (a Japanese import company) and I'm pretty sure these were some of the vases we sold in the late 1990's. It was a disaster. When we got the shipments from Norcrest about the half the vases would be broken due to poor packaging. These may not be the exact same vases - as Ownedbybear has noted there were many variants.
    Don

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

They are pretty and I love you have 3 different colors.

dgbjwc, judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The original 1960s Japanese ones have much finer polished tops and rims.

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted