Featured Cobalt Green Cloisone Enamel Vase Age?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by RachelW, Jul 7, 2024.

1. RachelW

RachelW Well-Known Member

Good afternoon pottery people, its been a while since I've been able to post here! Hope you're all doing well.

I picked this up today for a whole 3 euros and I'm trying to find out more about it. I've seen similar described as 1950s, others as just 20th century. Is this correct, and is there anything else we can find out about it? Its roughly 8 inches (20cm) tall, found in France. Thanks all!

IMG_20240707_180244.jpg IMG_20240707_180242.jpg IMG_20240707_180323.jpg IMG_20240707_180327.jpg

cxgirl, komokwa, wlwhittier and 9 others like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I had not realized that there is a cobalt in green. Very nice

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Charming vase. I would say 1970s or later.
    Cobalt is blue btw.;)

4. RachelW

Thanks! Yeah I saw a listing that said cobalt green and was surprised, but it seemed like the right shade. If this green was blue it would be cobalt (does that make sense?) so I didn't question it.

wlwhittier likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:playful:

wlwhittier and RachelW like this.
  6. nastina.nastea

nastina.nastea Well-Known Member

We have lots of them (in variations) here in Portugal. Made in China, it was a mass production and they were quite popular and, I think, affordable.
    Sometimes you can still find them with original stickers at the bottom, then it would be a bit easier to find out the exact decade. But mostly it was made between 50s-80s.

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Yup - People's Republic export, looks like, but one of the better ones.

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I have two jars, exactly that same green cloisonné. Bought new in Hong Kong in about 1987. Lovely colour.

9. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I have a large ginger jar in that green cloisonné. My parents bought it sometime in the 80s.

RachelW likes this.
  10. RachelW

Been busy packing for a trip, but thank you all for your input! I do love it and it'll have a good home with me.

nastina.nastea likes this.
  11. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Maybe they were referring to the base when they said cobalt. Even though the base also is not cobalt blue. It’s at least blue though.

RachelW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted