Featured Cobalt Cut to Clear Dish with Gold Squiggles

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jaena, May 17, 2022.

1. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

Hi all - It's been quite awhile since I've been here. Can someone tell me where/when this 10.5" dish was made? The gold squiggles are on the reverse. Thanks much! 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Probably Bohemian.

Becky Dahl, Figtree3 and Jaena like this.
  3. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

Thank you. That make sense. I had it listed as such since almost all cut to clear glass seems to have been made there, and then I started wondering if it might be from somewhere else.

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

There's certainly rather a lot of cut to clear in this cobalt made there. I've seen the gilded squiggles on non cut decanters, so someone combined the two.

Figtree3, Pat Dennis and Jaena like this.
  5. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

It would be impressive for a host or hostess of seated guests to walk around offering hors d'oeuvres, etc. on this dish - about the only way the attractive gold decoration on the bottom will be seen by anyone ... :happy:

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Very attractive. Best wishes in selling it.

Jaena likes this.
  7. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted