Clown Wall Sculpture/Art

Discussion in 'Art' started by Amanda M., Jan 22, 2024.

1. Amanda M.

Amanda M. New Member

Hello everyone! I'm new here after being led down a rabbit hole while trying to find out some information about artwork we inherited from my step dad. We don't know much aside from he had it for at least 25 years and it originally came from his family home in Boston, but no way to find out how long his parents owned it prior to him moving out with it.

It's rather large at around 4 foot height. The back appears to have marking "173" and below that "FIN-ORiC" (written the same way as I wasn't sure if that might be a code of some kind).

I tried posting to a reddit thread prior to this and only got one response from a woman in Texas saying she "had one like it", but she didn't give any further information and never responded again. I hope someone here might be able to give us any kind of information on it & we appreciate any help at all!

Attached Files:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

He appears to be a Pierrot figure. Is he designed to be hung? What is the medium? (It appears to be plaster.) Could/would you post a photograph of the back please? And close-up photographs of the markings?

Debora

Bronwen likes this.
  4. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

Curious to know what he's made of too. At four feet tall, plaster would be exceptionally heavy if he were to be hung. He sure does look like he's either plaster or chalkware though.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    Bronwen likes this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Is there a signature here? 4BCCCF5D-EB5D-4424-A94E-D9BCD75C909D.jpeg

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like upside-down numbers...

Draft saved Draft deleted