Cloisonné vase set?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by EmeraldRaindrops, May 12, 2021.

1. EmeraldRaindrops

EmeraldRaindrops New Member

Hello!

I have four cloisonné vases (two pair) that look similar, but not entirely sure they’re part of a set. I believe these are Chinese based on some other threads I’ve read.

The large vases are ~ 13” tall and 4-3/4” diameter at the base and ~ 7” diameter at the bulge. The small vases are 3” tall and 1” at the base.

The large vases are the same image, but mirrored, which is pretty amazing, if these are old.

I noticed that the vases have small pin holes / pitted sporadically, so unsure if this makes them of poor quality or a matter of age.

My questions are these...

Are the pair related and of the same set or simply look alike?

Are these vintage, antique or modern?

Do these seem to be of good quality?

Thanks so much, in advance! 764AE65A-79DC-454B-904F-D25694A16094.jpeg EF4A2705-C6EC-43E0-B957-43EC7F45EE46.jpeg C72D26D3-8DFF-4898-92D5-4A2286E35A92.jpeg

Attached Files:

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

You are correct, they are Chinese. They are also fairly recent, I have had some with this marbled amber ground, and I suspect they were no earlier than the 1990's. Despite being recent, nicely done ones like this are expensive new.

They are not a traditional pair, but someone may have bought them together as they liked the asymmetric aesthetic, and there is nothing wrong with that.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted