Clear glass pieces w/ red bird on top.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Aug 6, 2015.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I know these are not old, but I was hoping someone might have seen them when they were out & about. The apothecary jar one is 15 1/2" to the top of the bird & is 3 1/2" across the top opening. The other one is 12" tall & is 6 1/2" across. I believe the birds themselves are made from red glass but the ball on top of the serving piece that it sits on is stained.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!
    Peggy

KingofThings likes this.
  2. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Peggy, are the birds handmade, or molded? I've seen similar style pieces from Titan Glass, although mainly smaller vanity-type items such as the bell and powder box shown at these two links, plus a perfume bottle, etc.:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Titan-Art-g...707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43df99d993

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TITAN-ART-G...DISE-ON-LID-/301697594264?hash=item463e93f398

For these items, Titan took their smallest handmade figurines, and glued them to the top of stock crystal items they purchased elsewhere. A couple of the other small Arkansas studios did similar items. I have an advertising postcard from one of them, and I'll try to remember where I stashed it, if it will help.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

KingofThings likes this.
  4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Thanks to you both!!

I saw those when I was hunting around for an ID.

For these items, Titan took their smallest handmade figurines, and glued them to the top of stock crystal items they purchased elsewhere.

That would make sense why the birds are made from red glass, but the ball under it is stained.

If you can find the card that would be great. It will be at least a couple of more weeks before I will start back listing so there is no rush.

Peggy

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted