Cleaning and conditioning leather furniture?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by J Dagger, Nov 2, 2022.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I’ve never taken care of my leather and I just got a chair that wasn’t taken care of too well. I had been looking for a leather club chair or maybe recliner a while. Every time I found a good one at a good price I was beaten to the punch. Yesterday I got a nice one free but the condition is worse than I hoped for. The price was right though. At what point do you say I’d rather pay for what I want than get almost what I want for free? Idk… Anyway I’d like to clean and condition it. Not sure what I should do? I see lots of products available but maybe someone can suggest one(s) they like? It’s pretty worn through in spots so I don’t know if it can really be helped too much. It’s a 2k+ chair new so even in well loved condition I guess it’s worth saving. Maybe I’ll keep my eyes open and pass it on when I find my ideal chair. Sure was a pain to get in though. Just made it by centimeters and the pliability of material. Can anyone help in helping this chair along? 448C4AA3-9A71-477E-BC31-69A058634739.jpeg 966FBC25-E95E-41A0-86CB-7CE5E58C9FAD.jpeg A6D909D1-73AB-4CD2-88E5-53756BCA5262.jpeg

2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I used to use Murphy’s Oil Soap on my leather couch and loveseat. (I no longer have leather furniture.) Unfortunately, your chair looks like it has needs beyond just casual cleaning.

Ghopper1924 and Bakersgma like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

DivasFinds and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

@Michael Noah - your post seems rather odd in that the OP plainly states that their chair is leather, and made no inquiries about microsuede.

KikoBlueEyes and komokwa like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Marketing spam?

KikoBlueEyes, Ghopper1924 and komokwa like this.
  6. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

YEP!

KikoBlueEyes and komokwa like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I swear by saddle soap.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Have you looked to see if there are specific instructions on a tag somewhere?

I have a sofa and loveseat of similar style that I've had at least 25 years. However the leather is finished differently than yours, yours looks sort of painted surface leather, mine more oiled looking.

Anyway, I only ask if there is a care tag (or if you know the company if there is info on their website) because mine had some don'ts when it came to care.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted