Clasp Search Terms for Sterling Mexican Bracelet

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KikoBlueEyes, Jan 11, 2020.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Under the tutelage of this board, I am getting better at spotting the good stuff without, in this case, a big sign saying "925". Actually, I found the 925 after I bought the bracelet and was examining it while waiting to go into a movie theater. I saw the "Mexico" stamp at the store, but bought it because it was small, simple and had red bits as adornments. I have small wrists, so this is important.
    I am hoping the unusual clasp will tell me more about its origins and place in history. The bracelet has a hinge and the curved, elongated V shape of the clasp fits into the opening with a bar that holds it into place. You have to lift up the V shape to unclasp it. After an number of tries, two similar pieces came up with the search term "arrow" clasp, but they are Taxco pieces and mine does not have a Taxco stamp. Any ideas for search terms? I'll search to my fingers fall off. :):):):):)
    http://www.myclassicjewelry.com/Shop/Taxco-Sterling-Inlaid-Gemstones-Arrow-Bangle
    The second one is a dead link. Just a photo of the piece.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/afsw5cCdwGshSpXK9

IMG_5080.jpg IMG_5073.JPG IMG_5055.JPG IMG_5071.jpg IMG_5068.jpg IMG_5066.jpg IMG_5067.jpg IMG_5052.JPG IMG_5054.JPG

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    KSW and kyratango like this.
  2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

General term is concealed clasp I believe.

3. KikoBlueEyes

Great! Thank you. I'll start looking.

KSW and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

reported

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Very nice classy style :)

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you. I still haven't found any others exactly like it, so I may just have to enjoy wearing it without it's background.

7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

lovely. looks art-decoish to me.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

My goodness. That would be sensational! I'll try that. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted