Featured Chinoiserie dish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chinoiserie, Feb 19, 2024.

1. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

I've escaped to York for a few days. It's great. So much history and so many pubs. And charity shops. :rolleyes:
    Started off on a slow burn but I've built up momentum and will be struggling to carry all my new things home on the train. Ceramic can be heavy stuff.

I saw this dish and I was thinking that it maybe early Masons at first looking at the pattern. I am leaning away from that now. Some sort of Chinese influenced pattern I think. The serated edge makes me think continental perhaps. German maybe? No marks to speak of. Oh and it's dinner plate sized. 26cm diameter maybe

IMG20240219123118_copy_911x1215.jpg IMG20240219123220_copy_1074x1432.jpg IMG20240219123226_copy_1101x1469.jpg IMG20240219123229_copy_1204x1605.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

That green looks so much like Mason's but I think Mason's would be marked. Looks British to me.

3. Chinoiserie

D
    Did they mark the very early stuff?

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I can't say that this looks Chinese inspired to me. Maybe India? Also the gold has an odd look to it, crumpled.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto. The Brits made/make India-inspired ceramics as well, often beautiful.

moreotherstuff and Chinoiserie like this.
  6. Chinoiserie

Howdy. It's not so much crumpled. Rather it is worn. Maybe it's the way it shows on the photo.

moreotherstuff likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Looks early nineteenth Staffordshire to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted