Chinese(?) wall plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by djJessyHT, Mar 19, 2016.

1. djJessyHT

djJessyHT New Member

Hello all,

My father is giving me this wall plate. We have no idea where or when it comes from, all he knows is that it's been in the family for several generations. The golden colour is actual gold. There are no markings in the bottom, just an old fashioned metallic support for mounting (I can take a picture if necessary).

Can anyone tell me from where and when this is? I don't know if you can also say how much it can be worth (though I won't be selling it).

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

Kr,
    Jessica

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

Hi, it it is Japanese Meiji period (1868-1912) Satsuma ware of good standard quality. These were, despite the name, produced also in Awata near Kyoto.
    Mat

Bakersgma likes this.
  3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Definitely Japanese. Those are Shinto priests on the left and Samurai, and a Torii gate off to the right.
    za.jpg
    It looks better to me than what we usually see here.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    yourturntoloveit and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted