Chinese vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chinoiserie, Oct 19, 2024 at 7:31 PM.

1. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

I recently found this and sold it on eBay I couldn't find anything like it on the internet. I got tired of looking for anything similar so listed it on eBay and let it go for a small profit in a drive to clear out some things, as I am drowning in bric a brac. I received positive feedback today thanking me for the 18th century kangxi vase for eastern market I had sold at a great price. :bag:

To me it didn't appear to have any age looking at the white base. The hand painted design and banana leaves made me think it has something about it but just thought it was a modern take on some antique ideas and designs. What say you? Please put me out of my misery and tell me it's not 18th C. Kangxi.

IMG_20241020_002226.jpg IMG_20241020_002241.jpg IMG_20241020_002256.jpg IMG_20241020_002308.jpg IMG_20241020_002320.jpg IMG_20241020_002331.jpg

Marote and Potteryplease like this.
  2. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

For your sake, let's say it was made last week.

Marote and Chinoiserie like this.
  3. Chinoiserie

And for honesty's sake?

4. Potteryplease

Dunno... Others'll know more, I hope, and I hope they say what I said.

Marote and Chinoiserie like this.
  5. Potteryplease

The foot doesn't look 300 years old.

Chinoiserie likes this.
  6. Chinoiserie

All said, even if it is 18th century, it doesn't mean that it has astronomical value. Some ming things go for not a lot. Guess it's all about rarity. also from my experience (which isn't great, 19th century and previous Chinese wares have a nice depth and feel to the decor. This seemed a little shallow.

Potteryplease likes this.
  7. Chinoiserie

No it doesn't. Too clean.

Potteryplease likes this.
  8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Weve all seen examples on BBC roadshow where someone bought something in 1750 and stuck it in a cabinet where it sat undisturbed for 225+ years and was in mint condition. Most things do show age,but some look like they were made yesterday . That being said,the yellowish tint to the glaze always gives me pause.

Draft saved Draft deleted