chinese needle point with text. artist? text translation.

Discussion in 'Art' started by benbenny007, Apr 9, 2017.

1. benbenny007

benbenny007 I buy rubbish, and sell antiques

Got his Chinese needle point. Nice work done on it.
    Is this worth keeping? Is it Chinese or Japanese? Can somebody translate the text or knows the artist?

$_866.JPG $_86666.JPG

Attached Files:

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  2. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Just asking - is it actually "needlepoint" or are you referring to generic "needlework"?

One is a specific form of the other..............and it may help those that know the arts of needle craft to identify your piece. I ask because it LOOKS like embroidery to me - but then again, my eyesight has gotten so bad that I bumped into a door frame this morning, so......................

tyeldom3 and judy like this.
  3. khl889

khl889 Well-Known Member

When asking for help here, you need to post clear photos and clear photos of the entire item. There's a title there to the right clearly identifying this, but you don't show it. That's frustrating.

That rant over, you have an embroidery of the 虹橋 Hongqiao ("Rainbow Bridge") section of the famous ancient scroll painting, 清明上河图 Qing Ming Shang He Tu ("Along the River During Qing Ming"). In China, this is sold in seven different versions, ranging from about US$15 for a computerized embroidery to about US$350 for something hand-embroidered.

http://www.qingmingshanghetu.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=344

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  4. benbenny007

Thank you to all. I know how frustrating bad pictures can be. This work is not mines but of a friend who send me pictures and asked if I could help him. He told me it was a needle point. Than you khl889. I will pass on this info. Myself I try always to take good detailed pictures because I know how important it is.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

khl, not just a great help for benbenny, but that is another three added to my glossary of Chinese and Japanese terms. So thank you! It is much better than a Chinese phrasebook or list of auspicious characters, because it is relevant to things I come across. I really value your input.

6. benbenny007

No need to say that KHL was a tremendous help!! I could hae expressed my self a bit better. I was driving :) it's hunting day

Draft saved Draft deleted