Chinese marking hand painted Cranes and Exotic Tree form floor vase Opinions welcome

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Mugzinnys, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

This vase is a vase with many crane around a tree, that movie about crane delivering babies.
    The vase is 14 1/2" tall and again I am not sure of it's age, if it is in the wrong forum please forgive me.
    All input is welcome and appreciated

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy and Huntingtreasure like this.
  2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Based on the mark(can't find the exact mark but resembles other late 20th century marks on gotheborg.com) and the style and the newness of the glaze, I'd guess this is chinese - mid to late 20th century.

komokwa and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Mugzinnys

Thanks aaroncab looks bright and white white glaze by the way hand-painted or stencil?

4. Mugzinnys

Looks similar to vases googled and marked the Republic Period

5. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I think some of this has been stencil/printed with some areas of colour applied by hand. I’m no expert so see others input.

6. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

It's after 1976. The mark reads chinese porcelain.

Figtree3, komokwa and aaroncab like this.
  7. JayBee

JayBee Well-Known Member

Red stamp (chop) on the bottom reads "Zhong Guo taoci" (Chinese porcelain) and the vase is a common cheap piece. The inscription is a poem (鹤语记春秋/松柏长岁月, alluding to longevity.) The crane is a symbol of longevity and long years in Chinese art. It was hand painted by some unskilled artisan at some porcelain producing factory. These are common in China and you can get them for 2 or 3 bucks at popular markets and even state shops.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    i need help and aaroncab like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted