Chinese Celadon Rabbit Face Statue

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Dec 18, 2014.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Saw this at the local antique mall but did not have time for the dealer to open the window and have a closer look. Just took two photos.
    My impressions is that it is a modern piece. Don't see a lot of age signs and the bottom looks too dark. Usually seen on newer pieces made to look old. If not wrong, the small vent hole is also met only on modern pieces?
    Also, any idea who the figure is? Some kind of a god? If I remember right, I saw similar creature together with other hybrids on Chinese porcelain bowl some time ago but I could not identify them.
    Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

I think that is a zodiac figure, they come often in sets of twelve, and I think you are right, it looks new to me too...
    Mat

Draft saved Draft deleted