Chinese Carved Stone Dragons

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by kardinalisimo, Jul 23, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

I guess not considered seals but just decorative. Saw them today but did not buy them because I can't tell if they are old or recent. That carved text (poem?) is squeezed in 1" square.
    Anything interesting here or not?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Orange one looks more like some cast stone substitute than natural stone, but if it has no bubbles showing is probably stone. Whitish one looks like real stone. I'm guessing the text was laser-engraved on both.

3. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. They are both stone. I also thought it would be almost impossible to engrave the tiny text by hand. Plus it is too neat. I guess that would mean recent pieces.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    We had a couple that used to do the name things on a grain of rice. They worked the local flea markets. I had a grain that said Albuquerque. I wonder where I put it?
    greg

6. komokwa

Me thinks you ate it ! :hilarious:

7. komokwa

My Dad had bookends like that but fully carved....& I never remember the stone type.....:sorry:

Draft saved Draft deleted