Chinese Bronze(?) Pieces in Shadowbox w/Seal(?) by Shawn Paul

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Sep 9, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found these in the back of a friend's thrift store - they'd just come in with other donations. They are titled Chinese Bronze I and Chinese Bronze II
    I googled the name on both - Shawn Paul - and found posters of both of these Chinese Bronze I & II pieces by Shawn Paul! I can not find another example of Bronze I or Bronze II pieces in shadow boxes like mine - could these be the original ones he made the posters from; or are they just a different type of decor?
    Could they be real & not decorative - and worth taking out of box to check? (I know not likely)
    Any idea what the stamp & gold blob at bottom of rag paper(?) mean - since there is no writing on the paper-like hanging piece?
    If they are just decorative it's alright; I got them very inexpensive...but if they are something more?!! :)
    Also it looks like there use to be a sticker on back bottom - probably from framing co. right? - the sticker on top now tells how to care for the acrylic cover on front of frame.
    Thank you for any information!

ART BRONZE SHAWN PAUL IN SHADOW BOX 1AA.JPG ART BRONZE SHAWN PAUL IN SHADOW BOX 2AA.JPG ART BRONZE SHAWN PAUL IN SHADOW BOX 2AAA.JPG ART BRONZE SHAWN PAUL IN SHADOW BOX 3AA.JPG ART BRONZE SHAWN PAUL IN SHADOW BOX 3AAA.JPG ART BRONZE SHAWN PAUL IN SHADOW BOX 3BAA.JPG ART BRONZE SHAWN PAUL IN SHADOW BOX 4AA.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

How do you suppose that anyone could have mounted a full size three-dimensional bronze item in a frame of the size (particularly lack of sufficient depth) that we can see? What is the weight of each framed piece?

Without more evidence, my vote is for strictly decorative pieces with photographs of the bronze items. Removing the paper backing should be very instructive and cheap to replace.

Houseful likes this.
  3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Ah!thank you Houseful and thank you Bakersgma!

Houseful likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted