Chicago 14x22" window card.

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Tiquer, Sep 8, 2024.

1. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

I will get a pic later tonight, but I have a 1977 "window card" from the Broadway musical, Chicago. What's interesting is it has a custom plexi frame with bent, curved headers and footers. Anyone seen or have anything like this? Again, I will get pics tonight.

We were going to drop it off at Goodwill with other stuff, but the dimensions, and the plexi, are telling Quick Draw Mcgraw in my head to say HOLLLLLLLLDDD ON THARRRR... :)

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that Plexiglas alone is worth money.....

I'd grab that at a good will... cuz ya know they won't price it high........less yer in Chicago..

Tiquer likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I've seen frames like that before. The bends on top and bottom are designed to hold the graphic so it doesn't slip. I would think that a stock item rather than custom.

Debora

Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
    mirana and Tiquer like this.
  5. Tiquer

Tiquer Well-Known Member

Thanks, guys! Looks like I'll be holding on to it to flip :)

komokwa likes this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Too bad they didn't print it on acid-free paper. I'd research that carefully because it might be an OOPS.

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's mounted on card stock, isn't it? Original colors look okay but hard to tell in photo. It's the poster for the original production. Can't imagine there's too many still around.

Debora

8. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

My best friend is a theatre buff and Chicago is her favorite show. Her birthday is coming up... When you drop that off at Goodwill, will you let me know? ;)

komokwa and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted