Chest of drawers cool feature

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Prerun, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Prerun

Prerun Member

IMG_2046.jpg IMG_2047.jpg IMG_2049.jpg IMG_2050.jpg IMG_2051.jpg Hi everyone, first I blown away by the mass amount of knowledge here on this board. It's amazing. One of my not so strong suits is furniture and I recently just acquired some beautiful pieces. This one piece is a chest of drawers stamped " F.F & Co. L"
    I have no idea what brand it is or even what kind of wood it is. I believe it is mahogany but could be completely wrong. Anyways thanks in advanced.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Rayo56 likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Since we can't see the photo, it most certainly is.

New posters often have technical difficulties with photos. You'll get help from those who know the tricks.

3. Prerun

Prerun Member

You are right. I have never had these problems on any other forums lol. I have been trying to post for almost 40 min now with no success. I apologize for all the edits

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Do you have the photos on your computer, Prerun?

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Size of file is often the issue. So is trying to put in a photo that has a hyperlink attached to it.

6. Prerun

Prerun Member

Yes I have the photos on my computer

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Then you might need to resize them to UNDER ONE MB.....your computer usually has an on board program called "Paint" in Windows, that lets you resize.....you can post up to 10 images in one post. Click on the "Upload a File" button just below here when you are ready, and just before hitting "Post Reply", click on the TOP IMAGE that says POST EVERY IMAGE FULL SIZE. You should be good to go with that!!!

OH, and WELCOME to the site, @Prerun!!!!:):)

8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

After resizing, use Upload a File (next to Post Reply) to Browse your picture files and select the one you want. You can only pick 1 per "browse", but you can use it over and over to select all the images you want to show us (max total is 10 per Post, I believe.)

9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I believe this is what they call a bachelors chest.Eastlake style,1870s or so. I suck at woods so wait for others to chime in.I think it might be mahogany veneer.Beautiful piece.

10. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

It looks like mahogany with veneer walnut burl door fronts. Or may be all walnut just different types/parts of the trees causing different shades. I am probably wrong so wait for others to chime in.

johnnycb09 and bobsyouruncle like this.
  11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

This is an Eastlake side lock (or pillar lock) secretary chest. Wood is walnut with burl accents. Company mark means nothing to me.

judy, Bakersgma, Rayo56 and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted