Featured CHELSEA? Huge Porcelain Figural Group

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by vitry-le-francois, Oct 19, 2023.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Trying to determine if this is a Chelsea piece. Or perhaps Edme Sampson? I have some smaller items with identical style of trees and those have the Chelsea anchor markings. Whatcha think?

6gran19.jpg 7grand10.jpg 5grand1.jpg 4grand14.jpg 2grand13.jpg 1grand18.jpg

2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I don't know enough to say yea or nay, but it is a stunner either way. The bocage looks good, but I'm surprised at the condition. Fingers and flowers intact and the only break is at the back of the bocage.

pearlsnblume, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I don't know enough to chime in, but if she has all of her fingers it's worth SOMETHING. Not Occupied Japan for sure.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. vitry-le-francois

ok thanks :) I'll go with Chelsea until people start yelling and screaming otherwise.

kentworld and judy like this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I don't have the information, but I think an important factor on this will be the color palette. When did the various colors come into use?

J Dagger likes this.
  6. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

This is Staffordshire vs. Chelsea but I’d imagine some info may cross over. I know nothing about the Chelsea figures so maybe not. Anyways I’ve found this ladies videos extremely helpful and educational. I haven’t watched all of them but the few I did see were worth watching.

kentworld and Figtree3 like this.
  7. vitry-le-francois

thanks for the video link. Very informative!

J Dagger likes this.
  8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Myrna is THE expert in Staff figs.

J Dagger likes this.
  9. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Certainly sounds to be! Her knowledge saved me from a bad purchase just the other day. I was happy to have found her content.

kentworld likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted