Check out this old silver cup from Superior Silver Company

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Ruskoinabiscuit, Nov 15, 2020.

1. I just love this cup, it has a little denting in the side but the engraving work is just beautiful. After some research I found this company was registered in 1906, but I have no idea what year this cup is actually from. Overall I think it’s really nice. 55A6E3D8-EEF4-4B36-9E47-A054F74190DD.jpeg BF7FF8B5-D76F-4664-89C0-4BA6166C6225.jpeg 7D8BE2D8-EF44-4C62-98FF-63B65BB221FE.jpeg BA2CF49E-4F5A-40B7-A51D-3D80B4D42B98.jpeg

moreotherstuff and Aquitaine like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

silver Plated cup...............but very nice !!!!

Ruskoinabiscuit and aaroncab like this.
  3. :D
    Yes I forgot to add that!

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Nice one! The mark on it is the version registered in 1906 (according to Rainwater,) so that's the earliest. A later version changed the name to Superior Silver Plate Co. but I don't see a specific date for that.

The usage of "Quadruple Plate" was going out of favor by the mid-teens (and some companies had ended it even earlier.) Given the style of the decor, I would say it was made be 1910.

Ruskoinabiscuit and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. Dang thanks for the info! This thing is over 100 years old that’s pretty cool!

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Love the cup!!! WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!!:):)

kyratango and Ruskoinabiscuit like this.
  7. Thanks! I have a lot of stuff to show off lol, I love the info and the community is great!

kyratango and Aquitaine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted