Featured Chartreuse Glass Bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Aug 24, 2019.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends! I bought this little bowl at auction today thinking it might be Duncan Miller's chartreuse but so far haven't been able to turn up the shape in either my books or online. It measures about 5" across including the handle and stands about 3 1/8" tall at the handle. It has a polished bottom and gives a strong glow under black light. Any help on the who, what, when, where would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    Don

IMG_20190824_174320991.jpg IMG_20190824_174343491.jpg IMG_20190824_174334630.jpg

2. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

For some reason my initial reaction is Duncan
    & M but no more than that.

judy likes this.
  3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Either D & M, or Tiffin after they bought the Duncan molds.

judy likes this.
  4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Steuben Snail Handled Bowl. The handle looks a bit different, but I think whoever made it was copying Steuben. Don't know if steuben made that color. But you might look carefully for a mark just in case.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/123791384237

edit. I Think the bottom of your bowl looks to polished to be DM. Steuben marks can be tricky to find. I had a snail handled bowl I KNEW was steuben, but it took me 2 days to finally find the mark.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    patd8643 and judy like this.
  5. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I think one inspired the other but to me the handle infill and shape of the bowl are not the same.

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your opinions. I'll search for a Steuben mark but it seems unlikely - the quality just isn't there. There are tiny bubbles sprinkled throughout the bowl. Not a ton of them and not large ones but I don't expect to see bubbles on Steuben. I didn't check my Tiffin books but will do so now to see if I can find the shape. Your help and time is much appreciated.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted