Ceramic Frogs

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sarajayne, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Sarajayne

Sarajayne Well-Known Member

These sure do look new but a friend gave them to me 20 years ago and someone had given them to her. I guess they could be 21 years old or 22 or most anything. They are 2 1/2" long and stand 1 3/8" tall.
    The only thing I can think of is maybe place card holders. The Frogs are so pretty and well made. No Pic of the bottom but it is smooth with no markings. Any info would be a great help! There 8 of them. Froggie1.jpg Frogs1.jpg Froggie4.jpg

Froggie1.jpg

Attached Files:

KingofThings likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I agree with you place card holders.

1980s-1990s doesn't seem unreasonable. I doubt they are much earlier than that.
    Probably Japan or China. At least that would be my guess.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. quirkygirl

quirkygirl likes pretty old things

I vote for place card holders too!
    The only ones I've found like yours so far from Googling have been called place card holders as well ... but their ID was also unknown.

From old Collectors Weekly post "Froggie Place Card Holders"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Sarajayne

Sarajayne Well-Known Member

Thanks you 2 for the help! Maybe I thought everything made in Japan or China had to be marked Made In...............
    They are very well made though.

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

They most likely had a gummed paper label which was lost over time.

Lucille.b and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Or else it was on the box and the box is gone. Odds are these came in a box printed in the same pattern. I used to see similiar things in Pier One years ago, when they still sold stuff worth looking at.

Draft saved Draft deleted