Ceramic figurine: The boy, the girl and a giant accordion!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dapunnisher, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have acquired this cute porcelain figurine. It is lightly glazed with a blue-green color and has the mark "artistic" on the bottom, though I can't seem to find it's equal or any other figurines with that particular picture_2018_11_20_15_28_19_837.jpg name on the bottom?

The statuette is about 5" tall.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attached Files:

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I believe that technique was used approximately from the late 1960's through the 1980's. It may be from a mold used by hobbyists.
    Don

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

18C4FEC4-5528-44EE-A2D4-371742254D5F.jpeg Here’s a Manufactured one from Ucagco.

5. janetpjohn

6. janetpjohn

Yes, a little different from the Ucagco, but I never even saw that one.

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

scoutshouse and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

It is very close; but if you look at the girl's hand: it is on top of the accordion in the painted worthpoint example; but in OP's her hand is beside the accordion.
    There must have been a number of different versions, and likely a number of different manufacturers or makers of the hobbyist mold.

9. janetpjohn

You are so right.

Draft saved Draft deleted