Celadon jar identification.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lena345, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Lena345

Lena345 Member

Helo,
    I am new a this forum and it is my first post. I obtained this jar few years ago and still haven't ben able to find out where and ahen it was made.I haven't found any marks. My guess it's chinese. The jar is rather light for its size. The top piece was replaced with coarsly made heavy lid. I will appreciate any help. celadon 1.jpg celadon 2.jpg celadon 3.jpg celadon 6.jpg celadon 5.jpg celadon 4.jpg

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the board.
    Can you give us a size please.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @Lena345, and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS!!!! Nice job getting clear, large images posted, and sorry I can't help otherwise......but others should be able to offer some input!!!!

4. Lena345

Lena345 Member

Thanks for responce! The jar is 5.5" high, 7" diameter and 3.5" diameter of the mouth.

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous. My knee jerk was Korean,but thats just a guess.

6. Lena345

Lena345 Member

Thank you Johnnycb09, I will check for Korean celadon. Are you able to identify material from this pictures? Can it be porcelain?

7. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

sorry but i don't think this is chinese lena.the famous one is celadon of yuan dynasty,but i think they aren't make celadon with the lid,and i think this one isn't a celadon,imho

kyratango likes this.
  8. Lena345

Lena345 Member

Thanks Silver Wolf. The lid is made of different material and most likely is later addition or replacement. I don't expect it to be really valuable or ancient, I am just wondering what I have.

9. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

the lid looks like older than jar,:hilarious:..the pattern and style looks like asian,but i don't think it's chinese.so maybe this is japan/korean kind of pottery of mid or late 20th century,cmiiw:angelic::angelic: wait for the others

10. jsnggltt

jsnggltt Well-Known Member

Love the lid!

11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Pot looks modern and not celadon. Maybe one of the CA potteries or a Japanese import. I would save that lid for something more fitting.

Bakersgma and PortableTreasures like this.
  12. Lena345

Lena345 Member

Thanks for reply, I will look for CA pottery.

Draft saved Draft deleted