Cast Iron Constructivism Sculpture Plaque

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Mario, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I would like to ask for help in trying to try to identify this plaque/statue. It is resting on an acrylic pane with the plaque being screwed on, professionally made as the screws fully thread onto the plaque measures 12-1/2"W x 12-3/4"H and is cast iron weighing about 10 pounds. No markings except for what looks like a scratch on the plexiglass, could be initials. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. metal1.jpg metal2.jpg

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy, judy, aaroncab and 2 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Lovely...an air vent for the home of some Captain of Industry ???

Christmasjoy, judy and cxgirl like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Actually, I too am anxious to hear what kind of casting or treatment your item has had!!!! BTW, I like it too!!!! Since you only just posted this, why not go back and post the rest of the images FULL SIZE.....not many will see them if you don't!!:):):):)

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

With a plexi sheet behind it???

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That obviously had to be from a public building,maybe a steel makers . Very art deco with a hint of WPA. Fabulous. I agree probably a vent,if you could find what building it might have come from the value would change.

Christmasjoy, Fid, judy and 2 others like this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree with others. A vintage architectural panel that has been mounted and framed for hanging.

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  7. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Yes it's plexiglass backed, scratched a corner of it. I clicked on full images but it only did the first two, don't know why. Don't know about it being an air vent as the screws are precisely drilled through the plexi to the metal and threaded, that and the hanging tab seems to be of the same make as the figures. Could it be Russian constructivism sculpture? Also, the last picture looks to me like an abbreviated signature. Thanks. metal3.jpg metal4.jpg metal4.jpg metal5.jpg

Aquitaine likes this.
  8. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

My kinda thing, would love to hang it up in my metalworking business, let me know if u put it up for sale.

Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and judy like this.
  9. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Doesn't necessarily need to be a vent cover but do think an architectural adornment.

yourturntoloveit and johnnycb09 like this.
  10. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

More than likely, found something with a similar imagery from a foundry out of Ohio, Harrison Foundry, it is on ebay item #362109080698.

11. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

ebay #
    263545974397 just put it in as auction.

Christmasjoy and Figtree3 like this.
  12. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Thanks Mario, I got it on the calendar and will put in a bid before it closes!

13. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

You'll probably want to include the dimensions in the listing.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  14. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

Wow, I just came across a pair of pewter or cast iron book ends with the same design at Bookmans a few days ago.

Christmasjoy, aaroncab and judy like this.
  15. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Can you post pictures, love to see them.

Christmasjoy and Barn Owl like this.
  16. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

I'm currently away on vacation, but if it's still at the store when I go back I'll take pics and possibly buy it.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  17. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Spring Vacation....????
    You Wascaly Wabbit !!!!!
    Remember......no...means no.....& where YES ... use a condominium !!!!! HarHarHar !!!!!!

Christmasjoy and Barn Owl like this.
  18. Richard Low

Richard Low Member

Agree its probably a foundry showpiece , i live near a world famous foundry called the carron company , check out their work some lovely items they have produced over the years evrything from pillar boxes to cannons and fireside companion sets , based in Falkirk , Scotland.