Cast Bronze Box - Fake Antique?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by KikoBlueEyes, Jan 21, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I've had this small, cast-bronze box for years. Before I get rid of it, I want to confirm my suspicions that it is a fake antique. I bought it supposedly as part of a Chapter 7 bankruptcy sale. It is 5 1/4 inch long; 3 1/4 wide and 2 1/2 inches tall and weighs two pounds. The are no marks, just casting flaws. Of course, now that I have seen the real thing here and heard member's comments, instead of the antique I was told it was, I now suspect that it has been antiqued and is a reproduction. I'm not sure though, so please look at it and tell me what you think.

IMG_8815.jpg IMG_8817.jpg IMG_8818.jpg IMG_8819.jpg IMG_8820.jpg IMG_8821.jpg IMG_8823.jpg IMG_8824.jpg IMG_8820.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    i need help likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

What happened to your pictures? Clicking on View Attachments says the attachments cannot be found?

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Sorry. I am trying to replace one.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Just wanted to make sure you knew. ;)

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

Thank you very much. The lid was rotated the wrong way. It's all good now.

6. KikoBlueEyes

@Fid Could I call it in the style of Erhard & Sohne. I need to move some older pieces on to new homes. I usually don't sell but I have to completely clean out a room and there are things that I haven't admired in years. I don't want to say something that is not true.