Cane Back Chair: Identification Help

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by jmil144, Apr 20, 2017.

1. jmil144

jmil144 New Member

Purchased this (awesome) chair and am wondering if anyone can give any info on it. Cannot find anything similar to it online. It has a 360 degree swiveling back and brass feet. Ignore the fabric. It was reupholstered by the person I purchased it from. img6785.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Would think 60s and possibly Danish. I don't recognize it right away as something by a known designer but would not rule it out. Haven't time to research this right now but will give it a shot tonight if not identified by then. Fabric doesn't look bad to me.

komokwa likes this.
  3. jmil144

jmil144 New Member

Thanks! I just got a message from someone else saying: "That looks to me a product from the US, I doubt you'll find a specific producer or designer without a label. Unless you're living in a small village and you can ask around about a local producer."

Would love to know if you find anything else. I appreciate the help!

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Finally had a chance to look around a bit and could come up with nothing. There were literally thousands of makers and without a label or a known design by someone famous, it is impossible to track down. It could be American, just as it could be Danish. There were also sets made in Denmark and sold under American label.

5. jmil144

jmil144 New Member

Thanks again for you help. After speaking more with the seller, I'm fairly certain it's an American of Martinsville.

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& what did the seller have to say to convince you of that attribution .....
    c'mon...spill !

Draft saved Draft deleted