Featured Can you ID this Bauer piece

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sally Graney, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Sally Graney

Sally Graney New Member

I have this black matte Bauer pot, and cannot find another like it. Can you help ID it?
    It is matte black and approximately 8 inches high and 10 to 11 inches in diameter at the widest part. It is clearly marked Bauer as you can see.
    I have collected Bauer ware for years and have many pieces, but nothing that is like this in style or color. I have heard the term Indian Bowl, but don't know where I got that. IMG_1836.JPG IMG_1837.JPG IMG_1838.JPG IMG_1839.JPG

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    Bakersgma, pearlsnblume, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. wiscbirddog

4. wiscbirddog

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I have the same bowl and my notes also say Tracy Irwin, matte black Indian pot though don't know if I had a specific source for the info. I had it listed on ebay years ago but it didn't sell so I still have it. It's lovely :).

I did a quick measurement and came up with 11"diameter X 7 1/2" high though a little note I have with it says 10 1/4" X 7 3/8" so neither may be exact but close.

upload_2021-12-26_9-30-43.png

komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I have that book, and it says #146 Indian bowl in two sizes. It says someone brought in an American Indian pot, thinking it would be a nice addition to the line, and they made a mold from it. Oh, heck, it's in a catalog reprint from 1962 in the back of the book, 7 1/2" and 10", sold for $.90 and $1.75, matte green, beige, black, white.

antidiem and say_it_slowly like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted